The ratings numbers for the Season 3 premiere of the Dr. Oz Show reveal that Dr. Oz is as popular as ever with the #1 talk show in the country, topping Ellen and the debut of Anderson Cooper. In the ratings, The Dr. Oz Show landed a huge 3.8 on a nation basis to continue the #1 Harpo legacy left behind in the same time slot by Oprah Winfrey.
On September 12, The Dr. Oz Show, which took over the time slots of The Oprah Winfrey Show (+80), ranked as the #1 talk show delivering a 3.8 Household cumulative rating in the 56 overnight markets, matching its best single-day rating ever.
Here’s a look at how the numbers stack up for the Season 3 premiere of the Dr. Oz Show below:
The Dr. Oz Show in the ratings on Monday, September 12:
- Dr. OZ (3.8)
- The View (3.5)
- Regis & Kelly (2.9)
- Maury (2.8)
- Ellen (2.7)
- Dr. Phil (2.6)
- The Talk (1.9)
- Jerry Springer (1.8)
- Rachael Ray (1.5)
- The Doctors (1.6)
- Nate Berkus Show (1.3)
- Anderson Cooper (1.3)
- Wendy Williams (1.2)
Best year-to-year growth of any talk show, up +36% over year ago premiere (2.8 on 9/13/2010).
- Dr. OZ (+36%)
- The View (+8%)
- Regis & Kelly (+15%)
- Maury (+8%; season premiere week of 9/19)
- Ellen (+8%)
- Dr. Phil (-4%; season premiere Tuesday)
- Jerry Springer (+6%; season premiere week of 9/19)
- The Talk (-10%; season premiere week of 9/19)
- Rachael Ray (-17%; season premiere week of 9/19)
- The Doctors (-16%)
- Wendy Williams (-14%)
The Dr. Oz Show took # 1 in the time period in Los Angeles, the top Oprah-inherited market.
- #1 in the 3PM time period, delivering a 4.1 among Households and 1.3 among Women 25-54
- #1 program on KABC outside of prime time among Households
- up +64% over its General Hospital lead-in
- up over Oprah’s August repeat performance (1.7)
- 4PM lead-out NEWS is up from a 2.9 in August to a 3.5 yesterday.