Dancing with the Stars All-Stars returned on Tuesday night for a double elimination episode as two former DWTS winners were shockingly sent home.
Although Monday night’s dance-off gave fans some of the best performances in the history of Dancing with the Stars, two celebrity All-Stars were eliminated during Tuesday’s results show.
Despite how Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas scored the lowest with 22.5, Palin and Ballas were surprisingly safe from elimination. The remaining All-Stars who were safe on Tuesday night included Melissa Rycroft, Gilles Marini, Apolo Anton Ohno, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Monaco, Kirtsie Alley, and Emmitt Smith.
As it turned out on Tuesday night, Drew Lachey and Anna Trebuskaya were the first couple eliminated. Drew, the season two winner, had no regrets. “I can honestly say I would not change a thing,” said Lachey. “I came back because it was just fun”.
The results night continued with singer and piano rocker Frankie Moreno who performed while season eleven’s Kyle Massey returned for an electrifying performance with Chelsie Hightower.
After a live medley of songs from Karmin, struggling street tap dancer Josh Johnson hit the DWTS stage with crew of backup dancers to give fans not only a stellar performance but also an inspirational story of how Josh paid for his college through dance.
Ahead of the final elimination on this week’s Dancing with the Stars, the remaining All-Stars selected next week’s dances for each pair. From Bolero and Bollywood to The Charleston and Rock and Roll, each All-Star had ten seconds to make a strategic move.
Surpsingly, the final two All-Stars up for elimination were Hélio Castroneves and Sabrina Bryan. As DWTS fate would have it, season five winner Hélio was sent home.
Here’s the list of dance routines for next week that the pairs chose for each other:
- Bristol and Mark picked Bollywood for Gilles and Peta
- Kirstie and Maks selected Disco for Sabrina and Louis
- Helio and Chelsie chose Mambo for Shawn and Derek
- Kelly and Val gave Bolero to Emmitt and Cheryl
- Melissa and Tony picked Hip-Hop for Apolo and Karina
- Apolo and Karina chose Jitterbug for Melissa and Tony
- Emmitt and Cheryl landed on Contemporary for Kelly and Val
- Shawn and Derek chose Broadway for Helio and Chelsie
- Sabrina and Louis picked Charleston for Kirstie and Maks
- Bristol and Mark got Rock and Roll
Did you think it was time for Helio and Drew to leave Dancing with the Stars All-Stars?