This morning, the new celebrity cast for the upcoming season of “Dancing with the Stars” was announced on Good Morning America. Rumors were confirmed with the official announcement that Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte will be competing on the show, and hoping to leave the Rio robbery scandal behind him. Lochte is paired with dancing pro and DWTS veteran, Cheryl Burke.
In addition to Lochte, another Olympic gold medal gymnast, Laurie Hernandez will also be competing this season. Should everyone keep their bags packed now with Laurie on the show? Laurie will be dancing with pro Valentin Chmerkovskiy.
The rest of the celebrity cast confirmed for season 23 of “Dancing with the Stars” include:
- Amber Rose with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Calvin Johnson Jr. with Lindsay Arnold
- Jake T. Austin with Jenna Johnson
- James Hinchcliffe with Sharna Burgess
- Jana Kramer with Gleb Savchenko
- Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds with Allison Holker
- Marilu Henner with Derek Hough
- Maureen McCormick with Artem Chigvintsev
- Rick Perry with Emma Slater
- Terra Jolé with Sasha Farber
- Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle) with Witney Carson
“Dancing with the Stars” returns with a live season premiere on Monday, September 12 at 8 pm ET on ABC.
Photo credit: ABC/Lou Rocco